Sometimes going to the dentist twice a year isn’t enough to prevent issues that interfere with good oral health. Fortunately, your body provides you with signs that you may need to visit the dentist.
These warning signs vary from person to person and also depend on the type of issue we’re dealing with. So how do you know you need to schedule a visit soon? The Tooth Corner has put together 7 signs that you should look out for.
- Persistent bad breath– Halitosis, or bad breath, is an early indicator of gingivitis. If you can’t seem to shake your bad breath even after brushing and flossing, you should give us a call before it’s too late.
- Bleeding or inflamed gums– Your gums are one of the greatest indicators of dental issues. If you find your gums are bleeding or inflamed regularly, you may once again be dealing with gingivitis or periodontitis.
- Mouth sores –Having to deal with a canker sore or ulcer in your mouth every once in a while is normal, but they should clear up in a few days. If you find one of these sores isn’t healing after a few days have passed, be sure to schedule an appointment as soon as you can.
- Changes in your mouth – Take a look in your mouth every once in a while and see if everything looks normal. If you find any discoloration, lumps or other issue in your cheeks, tongue, gums or anywhere else you need to get it examined. White spots on your teeth are an early indicator of tooth decay!
- Dry mouth –Medication, age and other factors can lead to a dry mouth. However, if there seems to be no reason for your suddenly persistent dry mouth symptoms, it could be your body’s way of telling you tooth or gum decay are present.
- Jaw or tooth pain – Pain is always an obvious way to determine something is wrong. If you’re experiencing tooth or jaw pain you must give us a call right away!
- Hot & cold sensitivity –Sudden or increased sensitivity to hot and cold foods is a huge warning sign of dental issues such as tooth decay, cavities and more.
If you’re experiencing any of these warning signs or symptoms , don’t hesitate t schedule any appointment at any of our locations or call our hotline at 888-929-2987